Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2011

On Second Thoughts


Here's a daring thought - I am heading back to Timberlands next Saturday and this time I am going to find the darn trail. A quick perusal of a map on the Internet showed me where I went wrong (other than trusting official TCT signage.)

First, I can't tell my left from my right so when the gravel pit appeared I turned right and drove into it, thinking that the actual pit was supposed to be on my left. It was, of course, exactly where it was supposed to be - on my right.

Then I took a road that ran up to a gas storage facility - also not a good plan.

The only road I didn't take was the one that skirted the bottom of the pit - that one just didn't look right to me at all. So of course, it was the right one.

Next week I shall be armed with knowledge.

Just a word to the TCT trail sign manufacturer. I know that when you made the signs really really small and in nice earthy green tones, you were hoping they would blend into the background and not spoil the natural beauty around them. You were successful. And kudos as well to those who put the signs up - consistently in nice, inconspicuous places and very, very widely spaced - why, you can hardly see them at all. Well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment