Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Political Thoughts


I'm taking a bit of quiet time today before I leap into the fray again tomorrow.

Occupy Nanaimo was good and important. This movement has to succeed. If we continue to let corporations rule the world with their only concern being greed and more greed, this planet will die - or at the very least, the human race will - and sooner rather than later. It swells my heart with joy to see so many people from all walks of life taking part. The time for real democracy is now!

So that was one thought today - along with the thought that I will continue to support this movement any way I can.

My next thought was the current municipal election campaign. I'm incredibly excited and proud to be part of it. We have a democracy to the extent that we are willing to participate in it. I love participating. I love working on Jim Routledge's campaign in particular. I know Jim - I know how well and intelligently he balances and considers issues. I know he's got the business smarts and experience to make this city work - and he has the heart and compassion to make this city a better place to live for everyone.

It's this balanced approach I stand behind - an approach that combines heart with mind - a good heart with an intelligent mind. I've known him well for enough years to know that he is painfully honest - and that is a quality that is a must in anyone I support.

So I'm excited. Jim's website should be up and running later today or tomorrow. I'll let you know when it is

www.jimroutledge.com - I'll link to it from here as soon as it's up.

Exciting times. Did I say I was semi-retired? Ha!

Not so much.

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping to run into a few of you Facebooker's at the rally. I thought the rally was very inspiring and it's awesome to see a lot of young, involved people there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there - enough of a crowd to miss people I guess - so happy there were so many

    ReplyDelete