Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Long Weekend

I started my long weekend today - and what a busy day it has been - grocery shopping and so on - but then I also drove to North Nanaimo to start on the list of things I have to do before I leave on vacation a week from tomorrow. What was on that list? Important things, of course - like buying more books at Chapters and buying more chocolate at Bernard Callebaut.

Then I went to Rogers with hopes of replacing my iPhone. Yes, I could upgrade but I was 6 months away from a free upgrade and they wanted to charge me not only for the phone but also $90 for the upgrade. That's silly. Why? They already charge me a ton of money every month. Some corporations have very bad policies in place - notably the giant media companies.

I skipped it - I'll survive another 6 months with my damaged phone.

I went to BCAA and loaded up on free maps and guides for every province and state I'll be driving through - and that's a heap of maps and guides, let me tell you. I surprised myself by purchasing (for the first time in my life) travel health insurance. But what the heck - it's comforting to have and it's pretty cheap.

The list is beginning to dwindle. Three more days off and maybe four - Monday is looking pretty quiet. Tomorrow I want to work in the garden and clean the car. Hiking Arrowsmith on Saturday. Flying somewhere with P on Sunday. All in all the plans are lovely.

And now to pore over some maps and guides. Yes, the electronic versions are great but there's something about laying out those big maps on the floor and trying to accordion them back into shape.... nostalgia?

No comments:

Post a Comment