Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Reactions


I am taking deep breaths this morning and it feels quite wonderful. It isn't just that the pace of work is slower today, but also that I read a lovely bit that Tony Robbins tweeted this morning - a piece that put a smile on my face.

To paraphrase: it's not the news or the event, it's how you react to it that matters. Yes, it's all right for me to keep up with "news" as long as I understand it's just the events the media chooses to stress - and those events are almost always negative. And I don't have to react to them. I can assume a Zen-like stance. I can choose to remind myself of the beauty and love in the world. I can focus my awareness on the people and organizations that are working so hard to make things right.

I can focus on truth, a commodity I will rarely find in the media - the American media at least.

I can focus on adding happiness and joy to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment