Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

scare tactics?


Okay - so I went back to the optometrist at Iris. He checked my eyes again and told me that my prescription was the right one. "But I can't see through these glasses!" I say. Still, he insists it's right. He can't explain why I can see just as well or better without glasses. He says I need a prescription (because he is working for Iris?) or (and here comes the scare tactic) I may not be allowed to drive.

Finally he says he is referring me to an opthamologist.

The trick now is not to get anxious or scared or stressed.

Is he covering his tracks?

I don't know.

I know that I must stay happy and upbeat and assume the best.

And that's what I'll do.

I can see clearly.

And I am going to go for a long and lovely hike in the warmth and sunshine tomorrow.

On another and much happier note, I baked for the first time in years this afternoon. The Spelt Bakery in East Vancouver is gone - and I must have their breakfast cookies. I think I've come reasonably close to duplicating the recipe. First taste says, "yummy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment