Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sun and summer


In the late afternoon sun pours through my windows. I love the heat - I love the light. My body and spirit was made for sunshine and summertime. I keep the door open to the south facing deck to let in the breeze as well as the heat.

Even when the temperature soars I welcome it in. I'll adjust - I'll put on shorts and a tank top and take off my socks. Why would I expect the temperature to change for me? Air conditioning? Why? We wait all winter for warmth and sun and then complain and cool things down. Weird.

Bring on the sun!

It looks like my long weekend starts tomorrow - four days - maybe five. And then vacation. That's summer. That's happiness. That and the fact that I not only picked a bucket of lettuce and herbs from my garden but also a big bowl full of strawberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment