Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hike


Someone recently suggested that one of the reasons I love hiking so much is that it keeps me grounded. They were perfectly correct. When I come back tired from a long hike my whole body feels at peace - and my heart and soul are quiet.

Today on the ridges, I discovered, by accident alas, that there were trails I didn't know about yet. So after an hour of wandering around, lost and finally, backtracking, I found that the trail we took by mistake was a new trail - very recent - and because it ran in the right direction and provided the path of least resistance, we just took it. I do wish people would somehow label new trails - or something.

The upside of that was the discovery of another ridge and some very pretty territory.

It was a great day - and I have a happy and tired dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment