Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Flight and hike


I doubt that a weekend could possibly get better than this one. Yesterday P picked me up at the airport and we flew to the island. Abby took the experience as she does everything else - with complete equanimity. She stretched out behind our seats on her blanket and dozed during the flight there and back. In between we hiked, ate lunch and dinner and generally just had a wonderful time.

I met P's daughter and his daughter's partner - two people I liked so much I'd want them as friends even if they were unrelated to P.

One of the things I really like about P is that he isn't even remotely "my type." And I suspect my "type" is the same type every time - the kind of man who doesn't really respect me or love me as I would like to be loved. P is different in every way - respectful, kind and content to build a friendship first. He's lovely. His family (so far) is wonderful - and they adored Abby, who, I have to say, I was very proud of. She was on her best behaviour. And perhaps I don't realize how good a dog she really is until I see her through others' eyes.

So yesterday we hiked for five hours - today for about six - Now I've had a bath. Abby is sound asleep and yipping in her dreams. I've had a hot bubble bath and feel blissfully physically tired - the best kind of tired.

Life is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment