Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Unbroken


I love good, intelligent fiction. More and more, I am also appreciating great non-fiction. Today's great book is Unbroken by Lauren Hillenbrand  - she also wrote Seabiscuit.

Books like Unbroken make me eternally grateful that I am addicted to books and have been since the day I learned to read. I was 5 years old and no one taught me. I picked up a Grade 1 reader and read it - simple as that. I haven't stopped. I love being transported into other worlds, losing track of time - I love having a great book to look forward to. Unbroken is such a book. An incredible (in the real meaning of the word) story - and inspirational to boot.

Oh - and yesterday's melancholy? I blame it on a secret knowledge that the Canucks were going to lose and a handful of hooligans were going to tarnish Vancouver's rep as a result.

Today is brilliant - so much to look forward to I can hardly keep track of all the excitement. But meanwhile, back to reading a truly great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment