Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Alone Time


I love my alone time. I honestly don't understand the concept of "lonely." Bored? Yes - not lonely. And even bored is silly really.

I realized today as I was walking with Abby how much I value time spent alone. I think I have always been like this. I love being inside my head. I have flashes of creativity. Thoughts come to me that otherwise would remain dormant. I love the peace of alone time. I love sharing my alone time with Abby.

I suppose what I really mean by alone time then is alone only in a human sense. I find that time spent with animals is different. They make no demands. They fit themselves to my mood and feelings. They help me become part of a greater whole.

I wondered today if I would ever really be good in a relationship again. Have I become too much used to being alone? Or is this one reason my previous relationships failed - that the together time used up too much of my spiritual oxygen?

Good questions - no immediate answers. All I know is that I'm very content - and very excited about a road trip starting next week with my best friend - who makes being along a deeper, more beautiful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment