Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012

X country


My first day ever cross-country skiing - the verdict?

I love it!

It helped that the day was perfect with almost continual sunshine - tons of snow.

It also helped that I was the only person in my "group" lesson and so had a private lesson that progressed from beginner to intermediate.

I love going downhill in X-country because it feels like I had to work for the pleasure of flying down. And I like that I'm going somewhere - not just down a hill and then back up again.

What was lovely was that my instructor gave me an additional 20 minutes and then, when I was done, they gave me a pair of snowshoes so that I could go out on the trails for another half hour. All in all - just a great day!

Have a look at this beautiful snow:



1 comment:

  1. I told you you would love it. I don't like downhill at all, but I sure do like cross country. It's really great back east, where the trails are flat. Just great exercise with beautiful scenery thrown in.

    ReplyDelete