Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Big Boys' Toys


Who needs television?

I have the most interesting view (especially these days) from the window right beside my desk. It seems that my landlord has a project in mind and I am watching it evolve with great interest.

First he trucked an enormous amount of boulders in from the back 40 and deposited them is an uneven heap in the front pasture. And there they sat.

"Aha," I thought. "He's going to build a replica of Stonehenge."

Then, yesterday, his friend moved in with the excavator and started digging lots of big holes. "Hmmm, I thought, enlarging the swamp to make a better home for the frogs."

But then he began to redistribute the boulders into a more orderly row and began to pile the dirt really really high. My best guess now is a mini Matterhorn to anchor a new miniature golf course in Cedar.

Anyone else have any guesses?

Stay tuned. The fun never ends.

1 comment:

  1. You have seen "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" I assume.

    ReplyDelete