Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Enbridge


I've been debating jumping into this fray for a while - methinks I have decided to get more than just my feet wet.

A while ago, I spoke to someone who must remain anonymous. Off the record, this person who is the head of a company in the oil and gas sector and who really, really knows what he is talking about, told me that if the Enbridge pipeline is built, there will be spills. Not "if" - "when."

And when those spills occur, we, the public, won't be told. Enbridge, like other oil companies, spend a lot of money hushing up that kind of news. Even worse, when those spills occur, they will not be cleaned up.

Bye-bye environment.

As Justine Trudeau so aptly put it a few days ago: it's not the environment versus the economy. Rather, without the environment there is no economy.

Right now we are using the resources of 1.5 earths.

It is up to me and thee to change. No one else. No finger pointing. One person (me) (you) can do it.

And by the way, I haven't even mentioned what my source said about oil tanker accidents - you don't want to know.

One last note: few things enrage me more than when companies like Enbridge try to buy goodwill - The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer! Please! We can start making our voices heard by not participating in any way, shape or form.

No comments:

Post a Comment