Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

More on Spring


I love spring.

I love it for many reasons - for the sun, the return to life, the bird songs, the frog songs, the annual ritual of sowing seeds, of turning the earth, of saving earthworms - I love all these things. I particularly like the effect it has on my body. As soon as the sun packs enough heat to warm my bones and to make me shed layers of clothing, I slow down. I love moving like a slug - I swear I can hear my vitamin D factory gearing up - wheels grinding, the assembly line going back into full-time production.

I like slowing down.

Today - Easter Monday - a "sort of" work day - but not really. I made one phone call to set up an interview. Nothing came of it. I don't mind. And I really have to get used to that "I don't mind" idea. How long does it take before work ethic really turns into a play ethic?

I don't know. Work is deeply ingrained in my psyche. I'm going to have to dig to get it all out.

Perhaps not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment