Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

End of Tuesday


I spoke much too soon, at least in my own mind, when I predicted a fairly easy workload this week. Ha!

The Port Alberni newspaper weighed in with three more assignments that I didn't see coming and then BVI came along and suddenly, my free afternoon became two more features to write.

As for tomorrow, forget it. If I'm going to go skiing on Thursday, which I am, I'll have to knuckle down.

I booked my cross country lesson for 1 p.m. on Thursday, meaning I can have a leisurely lunch at the Nordic Lodge before gearing up. And after the lesson, I want to get out on the trails for at least another hour.

I hope I never lose the hunger for new experiences and opportunities to learn. I know and feel the temptation to stay comfortable - meaning my own well worn little groove - but it's only when I push past that and jump off the cliff that the adrenaline flows. I want to keep that - that willingness to be foolish, be brave, be crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment