Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Extension Ridges


For a 2.5 - 3 hour hike, few places close by can beat the Extension Ridges. This morning was as near perfect as it gets. We hit the trail (me plus two very happy dogs) at about 8.45 and happily walked the loop for three hours. There are so many beautiful sections here. The start is particularly picturesque with a forest that has an almost elfin quality to it.

There are enough ups and downs to give your legs and even your heart a decent workout and at least a couple of times in the loops, there are distant views out to Georgia Strait.

So - a great morning, followed by a great afternoon of gardening, walking the back 40 and meeting re: "exciting new project."

There is no question that I will be creatively challenged with this one - and I couldn't be more thrilled about it. I know that I love telling stories when I write - but the more I do it, the more I realize that I also adore copywriting - finding just the right word or turn of phrase to describe something - to entice - to invite further exploration.

Copywriting about a product I believe in - well, that's the best - and that's what this project is all about. Work starts Tuesday. I'll reveal all - stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment