Search This Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2011

What a Day!


I really enjoy days like today - a mix of a lot of things that add up to terrificness (is that a word?) .

Shopping this morning with organic peaches on sale - snagged almost 2 dozen. Nice walks with Abby. Great interview with a terrific company owner - and that, naturally turned into a good article. And now I'm going to dress nice (a rarity) and go to a birthday party.

Hurrah!

I also had a rather nice realization. Off and on in my life, I have thought that before I die I have to do something big - make a really important contribution. Today I realized that I am content and indeed joyous with the small things in life. We are not all going to discover the cure for the latest, greatest disease or create world peace but I believe that if our intentions are filled with love and we grasp opportunities to help, no matter how small, then we are making a difference and perhaps a bigger contribution that we will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment