Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

What a Day!


Another day of clear blue skies and sunshine. This is the kind of Sunday I want to distill down to its essence and bottle - so that one cold and rainy winter day I can pop the cork off the bottle and inhale the tantalizing aroma and drink in the heat of late summer, sate my eyes with the intense blue of the sky and the fading greens and yellows in the fields.

First on the agenda was a walk in the back forty with Abby, then the Cedar Farmer's Market, which just gets better every week. I love ambling between the stalls on the sun-soaked field, looking at all that's on offer. Today's haul included free range eggs, local cauliflower, broccoli and potatoes, organic tomatoes and carrots, organic fresh baked bread and Yellow Point blueberries. Yummy!

More and more people are discovering the market too. I love the entertainment - a very hot marimba band this week - and, of course, the Zucchini Grand Prix!

Home now - door open, Abby basking on the south-facing deck, lunch soon and then another walk and then weeding the garden. Yup - it's as good a Sunday as it gets. My life rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment