Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Discipline


I think (hope) that it's only temporary but it appears that most of my sense of discipline has walked out the door. This morning I buckled down and wrote several pages of my latest book but geez - it wasn't all that easy making myself do it. And look here - it's not even eleven o'clock yet - I could (if I wanted to) write for another hour. But what I'll probably do is watch an hour of X Factor auditions on You Tube.

Maybe this will pass - maybe this is just me sinking into those first giddy days and weeks of semi-retirement. Or - maybe I am inherently lazy and the real me is finally coming out of the closet.

I derive hope from the fact that I am still on top of my freelance jobs.

And I do like that word, especially the first syllable.

The important thing, as I see it, is to just do what I feel like doing right now and if that includes bouts of sloth, then so be it. And not feel guilty about it - that's the secret. If I'm going to go to hell in a handbasket, I should lay back and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment