Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

New me


Well of course, it's not really a new me - it's the same old me with short (really short) hair.

I love this new look - my "senior" look - meaning, no muss and no fuss. Gosh, when I was 30, I would get up in the morning, get out of the shower, carefully select the day's "look" from my designer wardrobe that I spent a fortune on and then stand in front of the mirror for another 30 minutes blow drying and styling my hair and artfully applying layers of very expensive makeup so as to not look "made up."

Now here I am when you would think I actually need to spend all that time getting myself ready to appear before my adoring public and I step out of the shower, run a dab of styling cream into my hair, slap some moisturizer (the cheap kind) on my face, climb into yesterday's clothes (T-shirt etc.) and that's it.

The wonderful thing about getting older - going with the beauty that is you.

Or as Anthony Robbins once said - men don't wear makeup. Why is that? Because they're inherently more beautiful? I don't think so.

So there's one more thing I no longer have to be enslaved to.

No comments:

Post a Comment