Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Still Summer


I hope it continues - the heat and sunshine that is.

I'm working this morning - but it's far from onerous. I vow that it will never be onerous again - that I will deeply enjoy every piece of work I do. And when I do enjoy it, I care more and I do a better job.

Now where was I? Ah yes, summer. I took Abby for a walk in the back forty (after doing an interview and some writing) and now the door to the deck is open. I can almost feel the heat wafting in - gently, slowly, an inch at a time. I can hear Abby chewing on her bone, or, more accurately, banging the bone on the deck as she wrestles the marrow out of it.

She's happy.

And me? Content - utterly content. Every activity I will be engaged in over the next days - as far into the future as I can see - is an activity I am looking forward to - even excited about. Isn't that amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment