Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2011

television and poetry


YouTube is television for people (like me) who don't watch television. I spent a good part of this morning watching the X Factor auditions.

I am so hooked! I love (adore) Simon Cowell. I like all the judges. Most of all, I am in awe of the talented individuals who have the vision and courage to get up in front of the judges and audience and lay it all on the line. Incredible vulnerability. For me, a morning of X Factor means more than one tissue - really. Humans can be so miraculous. I love people at their best.

As I was drifting into a nap after lunch a poem almost fully formed came to mind. Perhaps I will try to recall it later today. I do remember the last bit:

Safe harbours are for other ships
not one with spinnaker hoisted
pregnant with the wind.

Time to take Abby for a rainy day walk.

I love Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment