Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

After Labour Day


Yup - after Labour Day, when the rest of the world is going back to school and back to work, I am going back to play. I f**&ing love this life!

Specifically I am going to hike in the foothills with Abby this afternoon then pick up two books that are on hold for me at Chapters. This is very different from going to Chapters to browse and buy books - that's just same old, same old. These are two books that are hot off the presses and that I have been waiting for for at least a year. That's enough to get me very excited.

So what are these amazing books you may well ask.

The first is Spencer Quinn: The Dog Who Knew Too Much. This is the fourth in the Chet the dog and Bernie the detective series. (first was Dog On It). Quinn writes these books from Chet's point of view and I swear, if dogs could write, they would write in this voice. I will probably devour this in one sitting.

The second is Bruce Cameron's Emory's Gift. This is Cameron's second book - first was A Dog's Purpose - a "must-read" for anyone who loves dogs.

So there we are - I figure this is a great day after Labour Day. Oh sure, I lined up interviews and stories this morning - but none of them have to be done today.

Added to all the fun I'm having is a day of warmth and sunshine. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment