Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Market


Even on a rainy Sunday morning, nothing beats the Cedar Farmer's Market. Today I scored 2.5 pounds of chanterelles, sourdough artisan bread, fresh eggs, organic tomatoes and carrots, newly dug potatoes and a huge stalk of brussel sprouts.

Dinner tonight? Ah - my once a year treat. All (yes all) of those chanterelles will go into two cast iron skillets with lots (lots) of sweet butter. When they're done, they go onto a huge plate and are served with generous slabs of buttered bread. Ahhhhhh - bliss!

Yup - that kinda makes my day. Oh yes - now I am going to play The Secret of Grisly Manor - you had to know I was going to succumb to a free Google app (namely game) sooner or later. I am proud to say that in my case it was sooner - I do so like to be on the leading edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment