Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

short work weeks


Will I ever get tired of this? - Of finishing work at noon on Wednesday and taking the rest of the week off? Ever?

I doubt it. I truly understand now when people say that the most precious commodity is time, not money; I understand workers who negotiate more time off rather than a big, fat raise. (of course both at the same time would be nice too.)

And so on this gorgeous sunny afternoon I took Abby for a nice long walk and came home to pick late ripening raspberries. Ahhhh.....

A further note on spiders. A couple of days ago I was eating some raspberries after dinner, gazing at my computer screen and not the bowl I was fishing them out of. Suddenly I bit into something that didn't feel or taste quite right. I peeled the "something" out of my mouth. Yes, it was a small garden spider, still alive but rather mutilated. I couldn't decide whether I was more grossed out or more sad for the poor little spider.

I consigned the spider to the compost bin and the rest of the raspberries to Abby.

No comments:

Post a Comment