Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rainy Day Off


It's rainy, windy - even blustery. And I've done my shopping and I'm warm and cozy at home with nothing to do but enjoy a day of doing nothing.

I realize that days like this are rare for most people - a luxury. But I also think that days of doing nothing are necessary for well being. When we have a chance to be alone and to have nothing at all on the schedule, we recharge and feed our souls.

We are so busy and so inundated with noise and messages screaming for our attention that many of us have forgotten how to simply drop out. Some people are even intensely uncomfortable with being alone. They equate the experience with being lonely. Alone is a glorious place to be - a place of intense peace.

If we allow that peace to come in.

Hmmm - maybe a bubble bath later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment