Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Labour Day


Here's another wonderful thing about being (semi)retired. Long weekends no longer mean what they once did - especially not Labour Day.

It used to be that I would anticipate long weekends many, many days in advance. You know that stretch between New Years and Easter? Yeah - that one. I used to start counting the days to Good Friday six weeks in advance. And yes, there was something wonderful about five o'clock on Friday when three days off officially began. On the other hand. Monday was never as much fun as it should be (given it was a day off) because by the time late afternoon rolled around you knew you'd be heading back to work all too soon.

So - here we are - four p.m. on Labour Day Monday and I feel fine - better than fine. Spectacular! I have no work scheduled for tomorrow and some may or may not come.

My time is mine. Every day is amazing! The weather is grand. I love this day and every day. Got great work done in the garden. I plan on gardening every day this week.

Labour Day next year is going to be even better because the day after Labour Day I leave on a month-long vacation. Yup - it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment