Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Gratitude #52



So these are the new watercolours I had framed at Gallery 223 - they did a really superb job!

I hung them in the bedroom and they completely finish off the new decor! Perfect. Beauty is such a high value for me - and I get extreme satisfaction every time I walk into the room now and see how wonderful it looks. It's a serene and pretty space.

So I'm grateful that my home re-decorating project is complete. I even framed another watercolour for the main room and it too works beautifully. Here it is -


Completely different but it too gives me immense satisfaction.

In fact, let me just say that today was filled with satisfaction. It was the kind of day I like - a day when I madly and efficiently tick things off my to-do list and it's going so well that I get even more ambitious and drunk by the sheer accomplishment of it all that I move into the next day's list and start ticking that off too.

I love, love, love that feeling. It's called achievement on steroids. I know I am a high achiever - have been all my life. Knowing how to meet that need constructively is a true gift.

I feel so ambitious I'm even considering moving on to cleaning the house - but no - let's save that for tomorrow. It's enough that I went to the chicken farm and got Abby's dog food for the next month or more, got all my grocery shopping done, got my invoicing done, met deadline on my stories, booked my next three assignments, ordered my office supplies - and I'm sure there were a few other things that I can't even remember. What I do remember is taking out my daytimer - check, check, check....

No comments:

Post a Comment