Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

Gratitude #46


I love ordinary days like today - even when it's a Monday. Today presented a combination of all the best everyday things. I had a good interview this morning after taking Abby for a walk. Loved my lunch while reading the paper. Savoured my afternoon chocolate. Put in a good hour working in the garden and with all the weeds gone, I really had something to show for the work. Picked another bucket of lettuce for dinner tonight. The kale and chard are ready for picking and I'll be adding them to tomorrow's dinner.

Came back in to find two new assignments waiting for me.

So it's all these little things - each one feels like a win. And now I get to kick back and read a good book and generally have a wonderful evening - anticipating a super day tomorrow. And my worries about the bed skirt and pillow cases have disappeared. Being obsessive about these things (oh yes I am) I drove back up to Woodgrove yesterday and exchanged the cream coloured ones for white and now I feel ever so much better.

Yes - home decorating is an obsessive/compulsive disorder in my world. When I have my vision in my head, I will agonize until it manifests. I've been known to wander about a room for an hour looking for the exact best place to hang a picture. And trust me, it has to be perfect and there is always only one perfect place. There you have it - another of my deep, dark secrets.

There's only one thing left to do now - the painting - then I'll hang new curtains, put on new sheets, hang new pictures - it's going to look beautiful!

Yup - it's been a good day! And tomorrow is Tuesday - new movie, book and music day! Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment