Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gratitude #41


I'm not sure if my gratitude is for the creativity of home decor or the fact that I enjoy it or the fact that I can afford to do it - all I can say is that I am slowly working myself up to a fine sense of excitement over the changes I am about to make.

I notice a pattern when I am about to make a major purchase/change. First I think about it for quite some time - could be up to a year. Then I get busy on the web and look at ideas and prices etc. Then - the stage before things happen in earnest (today) I go out to look, feel and compare. And finally, after all that prep work - I go ahead and do it.

I started at Home Sense looking at bedding. I migrated to Sleep Country where I adore the service and where I discovered, much to my surprise, a fine selection of high thread count Egyptian Cotton bedding. Then on to Woodgrove where I toured Quilts and Things and The Bay.

Tomorrow Alison from Sonshine Girls is coming to give me a quote on painting the place. I now have a very good sense of what I want to do and buy and how much it's going to cost - and I'm getting excited. I think the new look is going to be good. I think I'm going to paint the whole place white/ivory with perhaps one or two accent walls in suede. New bedding in white/ivory - I'm going for the sort of gauzy/rustic/romantic look if that makes sense.

I've always loved decorating. I've gone from modern to Mediterranean to country with a few stops in-between.

Oh yes - there's one other real bonus to changing the decor - it means that the place gets a really good cleaning. And goddess knows, it needs to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment