Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Gratitude #44


I have so much to be grateful for today - but most of all, I am grateful for my worries.

Let me explain. Today was shopping day - I'd finally researched everything I needed to buy and had made up my mind about what to purchase and then where to go.

I started with John's Bedroom Barn because dogs come first. Now look at that photo. Is this a happy dog? Just look at the size of that bed? And then the plushness and softness of it! It's probably more luxurious than any bed I have ever slept in and I got two of them for Abby. Yes, Abby has two beds: one for the great room beside my desk and one for the bedroom. This bed actually lets her stretch out without bits of her hanging over the ends - which is what happened with her old worn-out beds. I had actually called John's Bedroom Barn to see if they could make new covers for her existing beds. Then, when they told me they sold pet beds and when I heard the price! Well, say no more! These best dogs beds I have ever seen are less than half the price of any you will find in a pet store.

So that was happiness number one. And Abby has been lying on (in) this bed since I brought it home over two hours ago and refuses to leave.

Next stop: Sleep Country where I bought two sets of sheets in white - 800 thread count Egyptian cotton. Yup - I also need to be indulged.

Next stop (well technically the next stop was in the parking lot outside Sleep Country when I realized that I forgot to buy extra pillow cases and scraped my bumper on some stupid median I didn't see - sigh - and so I decided not to go back in. I know - huh?) Quilts etc. in Woodgrove for a new bed skirt and pillow cases. I bought cream - not white - and I have a green duvet cover. White, green and cream all seem to go together - but there you have the source of my worries. I am worried that I should perhaps have stuck with white. No, really - I am really, genuinely *worried* about this. And that's why I feel grateful and blessed - that this is the greatest source of my anxiety!

It falls right in there with my gratitude about paying taxes. How lucky I am that I make enough money to pay taxes. And the more I pay in taxes the more grateful I am. Really! Think about it!

Okay - onwards with the fun. I shop so rarely that it really was a special occasion. Fabricland was my last stop where a lovely lady helped me pick out some non-fray (I won't have to sew any hems) lacy white fabric for a new window scarf.

Then, on the way home I realized I was short two pillow cases - to be picked up next week I suppose. (another source of anxiety - what if they're out of my colour?)

So - I bless my worries and I am grateful to the really terrific sales people who helped me today. Every one of them made my experience far more enjoyable. Special mention to John's Bedroom Barn and Sleep Country.

Now - if I can unglue my dog from her bed, we might take a hike down to Boat Harbour. Then - my next chore - start cleaning the tops of things (bookcases, ceiling fan) and moving stuff around in preparation for painting days - likely to happen next week.

Oh - the other piece of great news - all that money spent and I am right on budget! Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment