Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

Gratitude #34


I am eternally grateful for my body's ability to heal itself.

My shoulder has been hurting for weeks, but every day, a little bit less. I pity people who rely on pain killers, anti-inflammatories or other drugs whenever something hurts. Pain is an educational tool. If we stop and listen to it, it can tell us something. Where have we mis-used our joints or muscles? Can we adjust how we perform a certain action? What needs to be done in order for the body to heal naturally?

I'm not even tempted to take a pain-killer, not even when it's bad enough to interrupt sleep. I know that by letting my body use its inherent wisdom, I am doing the best I can.

Not only is my body healing, I have also learned what may have been the cause of this pain and inflammation and how to prevent it in the future. This is great stuff. I also believe that by leaving it alone I am doing it more good in the long run.

Our bodies are miracles - I admire my body tremendously - love it dearly and plan to take great care of it for many more years. That means the best diet I can feed it, lots of good exercise, good water, fresh air and minimum stress. My mother told me many years ago that if you don't have your health, like is not worth living. I suspect she's right. I believe long term health is possible and age be damned!

No comments:

Post a Comment