Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Gratitude #42


I am deeply, deeply grateful to political activists. If not for these brave people, I doubt very much there would be such a thing as democracy - tenuous and fragile as it is today.

It's funny how the "system" hates activists, forgetting that it was born that way. The original tea party in Boston - that whole lot - nothing but a bunch of rabble rousing political activists.

Today, if government truly had its way, we would once again be living in a feudal system. You and I would be working while the folks on the hill reaped the profits.

Oh wait - that's already happening. Yes it is, and that's why need activists. I probably don't get active as much as I "should." But at least I add my name to the online petitions and every now and then I make my voice heard much more strongly. And I vote - every single time.

I will not allow Enbridge to build a pipeline to the West Coast - I will not allow Harper to turn our country into a facist dictatorship. Happily, there are many thousands of us who feel this way and we will make our voices heard. This is our country. It does not belong to Harper and it does not belong to a multi-national oil company. It may seem that way - it may seem that money is everything. But it is not. History proves us right.

The power is with us. All we have to do is exercise it.

No comments:

Post a Comment