Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Gratitude #38


"Anticipation"

That - in my humble (arrogant?) opinion is one of the best words in the English language.

My earliest memory of anticipation is centered around Christmas - that delicious feeling on Christmas Eve when you know that something very mysterious and magical is about to take place. Is anything quite as wondrous as the anticipation of a four-year-old?

Today, my anticipation may be more mature (read "muted) but it's still quite yummy. For instance, I am happily anticipating my coming month-long road trip that is less than three months away. More immediately, as soon as I finish writing this, I am going to pack my rucksack (still love that old word) and head out to Maple Mountain for a day hike. The clouds that poured endless rain on us all week long have completely vanished. The sky is cerulean and unbroken - a vast azure dome. And so Abby and I will set out, do a very steep climb to the top, drink in the views, soak up the Vitamin D and throw aside all our stress. Well, I will - Abby doesn't have any stress as far as I can see. Smart dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment