Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Gratitude #50


Two things to be grateful for today: the farmers' market - and not just my own Cedar Farmers' Market but for all farmers' markets. You can't beat fresh, local produce, often organic - always tastier and healthier than stuff trucked in over thousands of miles. Going hand in hand with that is my enormous gratitude for having my own organic vegetable garden. There is a simple pleasure in spending a couple of hours hoeing weeds, thinning seedlings, picking lettuce, sowing more seeds. tidying up - and then standing back and admiring the results of all the hard work.

I imagine making a living as a small local farmer must be very hard work but intensely rewarding.

So the following is my ode to our local farmers (in photos).













No comments:

Post a Comment