Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Brain Overload


I think I'm suffering from some form of brain overload. I have that sort of anxiety feeling in my throat - you know the one? That niggly feeling that tells me something is not quite right or I've forgotten something and I haven't a clue what it is.

First there's the issue of cake - yes cake! Last year at about this time, I rashly promised to make Black Cake with my friend's son for Christmas. Well, Black Cake is a Trinidadian recipe and it uses two entire bottles of booze (should a child be eating this? Or even baking it?) and needs to be started long before Christmas - like right now during the election cycle. Who new I would be up to my cake eating lips in election ads? So - I begged off and I feel awful! I hate breaking a promise. It doesn't sit well with me.

I now have the choice of finding time to squeeze it in or not doing it and retaining a touch more of my sanity. Shoot - I hate these kinds of decisions.

And then there's the long list of everything that still needs to get done with only 2.5 weeks to go. Advertising, questionnaires, debates, radio, open houses - and on it goes. And the hardest part is trying to keep track of everything I have to remind (nag) Jim about.

Deep breath.

It's all going to be just fine. Besides - it really is fun.

And then there are these two double page stories I have to write. That's called "work" and I'd better get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment