Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2011

chilly


There are some chilly days (like this one) that are relentlessly grey - days when the damp chill seems to penetrate right through to my bones. On days like this, all I really want to do is sit in a hot bubble bath and then curl up under an eiderdown throw and doze for hours.

I watch my dog curled up on her bed - she snoozes, wakes briefly, repositions herself and goes back to sleep. Some days are meant to be whiled away just like that. On some days (today) I wish I had a dog's capacity for sleep.

However, I will go out soon - reluctantly - and walk with Abby in the back 40. After that, a hot bubble bath might be just the thing.

This morning we walked in the Linley Valley. After all these years living here and it was my first time in the valley. What a spectacularly beautiful place! Of course we have to save it! I can't imagine any other option. At this point in the city's development, we have to preserve all the forest and parkland that we have. This place is a treasure. I'll be back again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment