Search This Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2011

gambling


Today the subject is gambling (as opposed to gamboling, which is a much more usual topic for me to be addressing).

I was thinking (pretty scary right there) as I read the tweets about power outages in Nanaimo. When we get these big storms, do the guys at BC Hydro sit around and take bets about where the power outage will hit first? I'm sure if this was Vegas there'd be all kinds of odds makers.

So let's say they do take bets. If there's enough money in the pot, would there be any people on staff who would tip the odds in their favour? Maybe leave a line not as well hooked-up as it should be? Cut a bit of a notch in a heavy tree branch?

I'm sure they don't. I'm just saying - it could be interesting if they did...

No comments:

Post a Comment