Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mayoral Debate


The Nanaimo Daily News put on an excellent event today - a mayoral debate.

I thought that everyone performed well. I have to admit that I quite like Dan Didio - he's intelligent and he thinks far outside the box - too far but sometimes a few of those ideas are worth listening too.

At any rate, I'd be interested to know who people think were the winners and who the also rans. I thought that Jim Routledge did extraordinarily well today. He was strong and honest and really being who he is.

I know I'm his campaign manager and biased as hell - but I honestly think that if I didn't know him at all, I would vote for him.

At any rate, I am also doing my research in my own district and for the school board - because that's where I can vote and I want to be well informed. It never fails that I come close to tears when I walk into a polling station. Voting is such a privilege - so fundamentally exciting. We may have a flawed democracy but voting is still the most effective method we have to make sure our voices are heard.

Please vote folks - it's so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment