Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

All Candidates


It was an interesting evening at the Chamber of Commerce all-candidates meeting. It's a shame every voter in the city didn't turn out - what a terrific opportunity to really "get" what the candidates are about.

Some really stood out for me. If I was allowed to vote in the city here are the ones who would definitely get my vote: Zeni, Fred Patje, Darcy Olsen. Diana Johnstone, George Anderson

What I liked about them was their intelligence, their heart and their balanced approach - just like my top mayoral pick, Jim Routledge.

I also have a lot of time for Gord Fuller and in the end I feel sure I'd put a check beside his name.

I was surprised by how much I like Gary Korpan's comeback - his passion for being in service appears to be genuine.

I like Jim Kipp and Ted Grieves - nice bits of humour there too.

I would say that those candidates who have aligned themselves with the vocal group of anti-supportive housing are going to find themselves in trouble. It's a big, contentious issue but stepping back is not the way to go. Just like 8 out of 9 councillors, who represent the people, voted for the housing on Uplands, so I also believe that 8 out of 9 public think and feel the same way.

I have to commend the Chamber and VIREB for sponsoring the event - a really excellent venue. A bonus was reconnecting with so many people I haven't seen for a while. This city is full of great folks! They are what make this place a great place to live.

1 comment:

  1. We need change, Vote Cathers for Council Cathers for Change, www.cathersforcouncil.com

    ReplyDelete