Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

still busy


The hardest part of this gig with the AV Times is not the actual work - it is (as usual) tracking people down and getting them to call me back.

Thank goodness I'm persistent.

But all that is nothing compared to the stress of family right now. My mother is old (96) and living on her own in her own house. My bro and sis-in-law are close by but they get frustrated with looking after her, particularly since she is not easy to be around. I know they would like me to contribute more but I am in BC and they are in Ontario.

And so right now I have a low level of anxiety. It's not guilt - because I am very clear that I am selfish and don't go back east as often as I "should."

And still this anxiety. So - project for today - take time to soothe that nagging itch. Calling my mother again right now - might as will get it over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment