Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Busy



Feeling good - feeling indefatigably good.

Why? Well - sunshine. Yes, sunshine. And for several weeks now I have been monitoring the swamp willows with green buds swelling and tiny green leaves unfurling. Even a few tiny nettles have thrust their green heads through the forest's carpet of brown leaves.

Some might say this means that spring is here. Others might say, no - not until the birds begin to nest. I have a different yardstick. For me, spring doesn't truly arrive until I hear the chorus of frogs in the pond as I go to bed - a croaking lullaby. That's spring.

Meanwhile, I am gearing up to be very busy. Today I completed three magazine stories and committed to reporting for a VI newspaper for several weeks. Yup - that's what semi-retirement looks like. I admit that I like the rush of achieving and I doubt I will ever lose it. So long as it doesn't migrate from excitement to stress, it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment