Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Fever


I know I should have a lovely red carpet shot here - a celebrity - George Clooney perhaps or (gasp) Ryan Gosling.

The beautiful Oregon Coast on a carpet of sand will have to do.

Let's see, it's almost 3 p.m. - and that means I'd better get Abby out for one last pee before I drive off to J and P's place to watch the show. My one television indulgence every year.

And so I leave you with my predictions: see if I'm right.

The Artist will have Hollywood Love smeared all over it and will take the top two: best director and best picture. The star (I forgot his name - sorry) will win best actor.

Viola Davis for best actress and her partner (forgot name again) will win best supporting.

Christopher Plummer for best supporting - and well deserved.

Rango for best animated.

And why on earth was Drive snubbed???

Awards for cinematography, editing, costumes, audio and so on will likely be divided between Hugo, War Horse and the other top two

The Iranian film will win for best foreign language.

And that's all I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment