Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Shopping


I generally don't get excited about shopping - except for books of course but that goes without saying.

Today was an exception. Valhalla Pure started its week long winter sale. I was there lined up at the door waiting for it to open - yes - just as if I was lining up for tickets for a Bruce Springsteen concert.

How can you beat 40 percent off all clothing and 30 percent off just about everything else?

What a haul! I adore my new Osprey backpack - so lightweight and such a pretty shade of Granny Smith apple green (yes, of course colour is important). I'm also excited about my new Merrell hiking shoes, which I just tested out on a hike down at Cable Bay - ultimate comfort!

Speaking of comfort, anyone who knows me knows I am the poster child for Icebreaker - that fabulous New Zealand Merino. So of course I did a wee bit of stocking up: mittens, a new T-shirt and three sports bras. For the first time in my life I am wearing a bra that is so comfortable it feels like I'm not wearing one. I also bought socks - both Icebreaker and Smartwool and another pair of Lole pants.

I can't believe I've written a whole blog about shopping and in detail about the things I bought - but there you have it. My rules for shopping are simple: I have to really need it and I have to really want it. Then, I wait for the sale - which means that anticipation builds. Then, I finally do it and get it all on sale and - well, this is the kind of shopping I can embrace.

Next sale - August. I can wait.

2 comments:

  1. Talking about shopping with a gorgeous outdoors photo above, where is the photo from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dodd's Narrows at the end of the Cable Bay Trail

    ReplyDelete