Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

A New Project


Thanks To Diane S. and her inspired suggestion, I have a new project that I started today! My mother is 95 years old. She was born during the First World War in Germany and lived through the Second World War - much of it in Berlin - much of it through fierce fighting - with a young child and a baby. She barely escaped the Russians, who were doing horrifying things to the Germans as they advanced west - and then, began a new life in Canada with pretty well nothing but the clothes on her back.

Now that is an interesting story to tell. It's interesting on several levels: not only as a story, but as a story that matters to me personally. Happily, my mother has an excellent memory and can talk a blue streak.

So - today we had our first session. This is going to be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment