Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Know the Truth


I think one of our "jobs" on earth is to find out who we are - to discover the truth about ourselves and to live in integrity with that truth. I suppose that is what we call "authenticity."

I'm not sure it matters how we go about making these discoveries. It just matters that we do it. The greatest gift anyone has to offer is the gift of simply being who they are. When someone shows up who is honest and true and authentic without apology, my experience elevates - I glow - I take away something important from that experience. I am inspired to more closely be who I am.

When I am who I am (or as Popeye would say, "when I yam what I yam") then it follows naturally that everything I do aligns and I begin to fulfill my purpose - even, oddly enough, if I am not clear on my purpose; what I do will reflect it. And then all the abundance the earth has to offer is mine.

These are big ideas. They also translate into little everyday acts. I have discovered, over a long period of time, that two things give me great peace when peace is what I need: a walk in nature and a bubble bath. So, on my best days, I go for a hike up a mountain and come home to a bubble bath.

This relates to other things I have tried that are "supposed" to bring me peace - meditation, yoga, gurus.... tried them, been there, done that. Today's yoga class may have been good for my body but I just didn't like it one bit. Boring. Gurus? They're just people telling me that what works for them should work for me. Meditation? Walking meditation and bubble meditation work for me - but mostly, the walking - gazing out over mountains is a holy experience for me. And I'm not about to say that my way is the way for anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment