Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Strategic Voting


There have been quite a few posts on FB lately encouraging people to vote strategically. Pick the party in your area most likely to defeat the Conservatives - and vote for that candidate.

I understand the sentiment, but I would respectfully suggest that this is not a winning strategy.

What you are doing with strategic voting is voting against something - not for something. It's a negative and it seems to me that all politics has recently devolved into negativity. It doesn't work - not in the long run. I don't want to know what you are against - tell me what you are for. Vote for what you are for. Inform yourself of the issues and vote for something you care about.

The Law of Attraction works every time and when you are against something, you'll get more of what you are against. The Law doesn't hear the word "no" - it only clings to the place you are putting your focus.

Mother Theresa put it perfectly many years ago when some American students asked her to join an anti-war rally. She declined. And she said. "Tell me when you have a pro-peace rally. I'll be there."

No comments:

Post a Comment