Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

more politics


There is always enough time, energy and money for what is truly most important to me. Conversely, if I want to find out what is most important, I only have to look at where I spend my time, energy and money. It doesn't matter what I say is important - it's about putting my money where my mouth is.

This is not a major revelation and I believe I've mentioned this before. However, today I want to apply this to how we are going to vote on Monday. We have four parties saying a lot of things and making a lot of promises. But where do they put their time, money and energy?

Unfortunately, we can't draw the major conclusions from the opposition parties that we can from those in power. But we can look at local representation. Where I have seen the NDP hold seats, I have seen people working pretty hard to represent what is most important to local constituents. Not so the Conservatives - I refer in this case to Jean Crowder versus James Lunney.

But let's have a look at the Conservatives - this is where we can draw some major conclusions about what they deem important. War is important. Drill, baby, drill is important. Big corporations are important. Ego and self aggrandizement are important.

Not important are democracy, youth, seniors, women, the middle class and prosperity for all.

So - please look at what the parties are actually doing - and then, please vote on May 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment