Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Retired women


I heard on the radio this morning that women enjoy retirement more than men. The reason for this, the study says, is because women are more relationship focussed while men tend to tie up their self-worth in their jobs or careers.

Huh! I think I'm just enjoying it because I am innately lazy.

Here's one of the things I love. At noon I am heading out to play bridge all afternoon - instead of working! What's more, it's for a good cause - to raise funds for Haven House!

So I get to have fun, skip out of working and help a cause I believe in all at the same time. It doesn't get much better. Yep - what I'm telling people these days when they ask me what I do is, "Working less and playing more." Today it's playing bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment