Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Achievement


I understand that as I change the patterns in my life, I still have to fulfill my needs - Admiration, Achievement, Autonomy. If I get those three big ones met constructively, I'll be pretty content.

Achievement is huge for me - it's my hunger. I remember the moment I identified it when I did "The Wall" - I almost hyperventilated because it was that big a deal for me. And yes, it's lovely to get that need met by completing a new book or winning a huge award or.....

But it doesn't have to be that. Yesterday it felt terrific to get to the top of the mountain. Today it feels good to have hauled the manure and fertilized, dug over and weeded the strawberry bed.

The most important thing is to know your needs - there is huge power in that. Then, map out constructive strategies to get those needs met - no matter where you are - no matter the stage of life you live in, you can get your needs met constructively - just know them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment